Scale inside an office balancing graphic representations of policy decisions.

In a significant shift in labor and antitrust policy, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has issued a final rule banning non-compete clauses across the United States. This sweeping change aims to bolster competition, enhance worker mobility, and stimulate economic dynamism, responding to longstanding concerns about the stifling impact of these clauses on the labor market ... [Read more]

Earth Day picture of Earth from space.

Happy Earth Day 2024! With best wishes, The ALFI Team

Happy International Women’s Day! With best wishes, The ALFI Team

Representation of intellectual property with a magnifying glass and checklists.

Navigating the intricate world of Intellectual Property (IP) due diligence during a business asset sale is no small feat. Whether you’re a budding entrepreneur, a seasoned business professional, or just IP-curious, understanding the nuances of IP due diligence can be crucial in ensuring a smooth transaction.

A depiction of tax data being transmitted abroad. Has a globe, flags, and people.

Does the IRS send tax data abroad? The Maxcrest case clarifies that the IRS can share tax data internationally. This aligns with IRC provisions for issuing summonses for tax data exchange. Tax Law developments confirm IRS’s authority in cross-border tax information sharing and the requirements for ‘good faith’ in summonses.